Tuesday, November 20, 2012

It's Mario Time

Our son is turning 7 in a couple weeks and originally asked for a Pirate Party, then it was Angry Birds (to which I thought GREAT because I have a bunch of ideas) and then he finally decided on a Mario birthday party.  I checked out our Stampin' UP! demonstrator website to see what others have created for a Mario birthday card or invitation and while some people had good ideas I just didn't love any of them.  So I scoured the web and pinterest and still didn't get much for ideas.  There were some pictures of the original Super Mario Bros game on Pinterest and that is where my inspiration came from.

It was a moderate amount of work, definitely not the hardest card I've ever made (I had to make 15 of them and needless to say my family is going to get an e-mail with a picture of the card as an invitation!) but it was worth it when he got home from school today and said "Mom, that's totally awesome."

And so without further ado...




I think it turned out really good.  Now I have to figure out how to make the cake!

Recipe
Stamp sets:  Send Me Soaring, Lots of Thoughts, Retro Alphabet Upper
Paper:  Pool Party, Whisper White, Real Red, Garden Green, Soft Suede, Well Worn DSP
Ink:  Baja Breeze classic stampin' pad, So Saffron classic stampin' pad
Accessories:  Square Lattice textured impressions folder, Big Shot, 3/4 in circle punch, 1/4 in circle punch, 5 petal flower punch, scallop oval punch, slit punch

No comments:

Post a Comment