Sunday, August 5, 2012

Ahoy Matey!

Owen is turning 9 in less than two weeks!  I thought he was going to have an angry birds birthday party theme because I had found the cutest idea for making some of the birds using Stampin' Up! punches.  (I didn't tell him that I thought it was cute - "cool" was the word we used)  Anyway, he decided against angry birds and wanted to go with a pirate theme.  It isn't the first time he has had a pirate themed birthday.

I really wanted to get his invitations out in the mail and found some invitations I had never used from 4 years ago so I decided to re-purpose them!  I think the invitation turned out really "cool."
I had the base card already made.  You can see the "x" marks the spot somewhat on the background color and I also sponged the card.  The new part of my card is the white part.  I used my Simply Scored to create the squares on the card and then I used a retired stamp set titled Ahoy Matey to create the images.  Then I tore around the edges to make it looked like an old, worn map.

I didn't want the card to be too childish because he is turning "9" and that is a big deal and he isn't a little boy anymore!  I tried to keep it pretty simple.  I had the neatest idea for another pirate card with punches.  I'm actually working on it today so you'll have to check back tomorrow or Tuesday to see that post.  :)

recipe
stamps:  Ahoy Matey
paper:  creamy caramel (retired), whisper white
ink:  basic black, soft suede, real red marker
accessories:  Simply Scored

No comments:

Post a Comment