Monday, August 6, 2012

Christmas page

I've been trying to get caught up in my kids' scrapbooks.  I'm not doing too hot!  I did finish up Owen's 5th birthday so I'm only 4 years behind now (not too bad considering I didn't start scrapbooking until he was probably 4 years old).

I just wanted to share the pages I just finished.  I used some things that I have had sitting around since the last time I went scrapbooking in Detroit Lakes with some girl friends.  My title for the pages "Holly Jolly Christmas" has been sitting on my stamping desk for a couple years.  I couldn't bear to throw it away because it took so much work to stamp the letters, punch them out, glue them together, and put on the brads.  I'm glad I saved it because the colors and the space worked out perfectly on these pages!


My patterned paper is not Stampin' Up! paper.  The other colors I used were Stampin' Up! and included Baja Breeze, Cherry Cobbler, Creamy Caramel (retired) and Garden Green.  The ribbon is Cherry Cobbler and it is the seam binding ribbon.  I love this ribbon because you can ruffle it and it looks so neat!  For my journaling I cut out a 3x5 piece of whisper white paper and then used the big shot to emboss and used one of the newer edgelits from Adorning Accents to create the design on the bottom.

Check back soon for another post!  Of course if you ever have any questions please feel free to contact me.  You can check out the ribbon and the edgelits on my website by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment