Thursday, September 6, 2012

halloween is coming

With the start of school (for myself and my kids) you can see fall is just around the corner.  I noticed on my way to school this morning that the leaves are starting to change!  My 9 year old son is in football this year and I have always associated football with fall.  I guess what I'm getting to is the fact that Halloween really isn't that far away!

So last night I took out my new Halloween stamp set that I got about a month ago.  It is in the 2012-2013 Idea Book & Catalog.  I also got to use the new Essentials Paper Piercing Pack!  This is new to the current catalog and I just love it!  You can pierce around punches that you might have or some of the newer Big Shot framelits as well.

So, without further ado!
Now, I do apologize because the picture isn't as bright as I had hoped.  I took it last night in my basement and I just don't have good lighting down there.  I had another problem as well.  I wanted my little spider to be black.  I inked up my stamp on my black pad, it looked like I had good coloring on the stamp so I pushed it down onto my paper, picked up the stamp, and looked at my paper.  I got the faintest outline of black.  I have actually never run out of black ink or ANY ink for that matter in all the years I have been stamping.  So, instead of ordering a re-inker for my black pad I think I am just going to order a brand new pad because Stampin' Up came up with a new design and I'd like to try it out!

My patterned paper is not from Stampin' Up but it went really well with the colors that I wanted to use for my card!  As always, if you have any questions you can feel free to call me, e-mail me, or check out my SU website!  If you need to order any of the supplies you have seen today check out my store.

recipe
stamps:  Tricky Treats
paper:  Wild Wasabi, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, Whisper White
ink:  Pumpkin Pie
accessories:  essentials paper piercing pack, pumpkin pie grosgrain ribbon, small tag punch, large tag punch

No comments:

Post a Comment