Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Feels like a Scrapbookin' kind of day

I am so far behind on my kids scrapbooks that it is sort of crazy.  But I really enjoy scrapbooking so I thought that today, I would share a picture of a simple page I just put together for Owen's scrapbook.  I have to admit that I don't use all stampin' up supplies when I scrapbook.  I have found such neat paper at my local Ben Franklin or JoAnn's or Michael's that it is hard to pass up. 

I use a lot of the Stampin Up' 12x12 cardstock when I scrapbook and use my stamp sets whenever I am able to do so.  Today I used Creamy Caramel which retired when SU did the big color change a little over a year ago.  The blue on my page is Marina Mist, then I used Very Vanilla behind my pictures and sponged them with soft suede to add a little effect to them. 

If you want to scrapbook but just aren't sure where to start feel free to contact me.  I am more than happy to help you get going.  For my page title "Hooked on Fishing" I used the Jumble Alphabet.  I also used my stamp-a-ma-jig to help me line up my letters.  There is some chocolate chip ribbon holding up my title and I just layered the paper so it wouldn't look plain. 

I will probably add some journaling at the bottom of my page but I didn't feel that part of my creativity yet today!

Well, off to the next page!

No comments:

Post a Comment