Thursday, May 31, 2012

The final day

Today is the last day that you can purchase retiring stamp sets and accessories.  If there is something you just need to have you can shop now.

The card I'm posting today was for my brother-in-law.  I made it over a month ago.  We went to see him for his birthday and I forgot the card at home.  Well, I was going through a stack of papers on my stamping desk and guess what I came across?!?  His birthday card!  I figure that it is so cute I had to post it before I mail it!
I didn't have the best light when I took the picture so there is some shadowing but you can get the general idea.  I CASE'd this card from another demo but unfortunately don't remember her website.  I added my own little touches but I thought it was too fun not to post.  I just love how the bear looks like he has broken through the paper.  The bear is from a retiring set called "Under the Stars"

I haven't played with water coloring in a long time and when I made this card I decided to do that with the bear.  I used Stampin' Up!'s water color paper and it is such a great material.  I think that is why I never really did much with water colors before - because I didn't have the right paper.

A little bit about water coloring:  you always want to use staz on ink for your images otherwise your image will run with the water.  A little goes a long ways so start light with your colors and if you want it to be darker you can always do a second pass.  The water color paper from Stampin' Up! works like a charm!  I used my classic ink pads and my aqua painter to do the water color however Stampin' Up! has many tools you can use for water coloring.  Want to know more?  Send me an e-mail!

Well, here's the recipe:
stamps: under the stars, birthday greetings
paper: baja breeze, soft suede, whisper white, water color paper
ink:  bashful blue, old olive, chocolate chip, soft suede, jet black staz on
accessories:  decorative label punch, aqua painter, sponge

No comments:

Post a Comment